Author Topic: 2008 Med Races  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Adrian

• www.northamericanminitransat.com
2008 Med Races
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:10:52 AM »
Hi Leo and Friends,

I have been trying to follow the French & Spanish posts about the difficulties in establishing the Med race plans for 2008.

Unfortunately I can't interpret the posts well enough to understand exactly what has happened with the Port Camargue based races and the plans to introduce new races from L'Escala.

Could someone who is bi, or tri-lingual, provide a synopsis of the problem and summarise the possibilities that remain with races being proposed to CM by Italian, Spanish and any French clubs.

There are 3 or 4 North Americans hoping to charter & race in the Med this year.

Many thanks ...

Adrian

Adrian

Offline mute

Re: 2008 Med Races
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »
Conserning port Camargue: There will be no race this year, because the club does not want to organise them. More over they did not pay de fee for last year races so they owe something like €3k to the class.

The plan for the med is to have a few races in Italy at the beginning of the season, some races in spain at the end of the season and 1 or 2 french races in between. So it would reduce as much as possible chartering along the season.

http://www.classemini.com/download/Calendrier_courses_officielles_provisoire_2008.pdf will give you the details of the races that are planned at the moment. Some are waiting validation from the class.

I heard that an other french club close to port Camargue would be willing to organise some race but nothing have been confirmed yet.

L'escala will organise a race in september but it is not yet validated by the class and I don't know much more.

Don't estitate to post in english in the french section if you don't understand something, a lot of us are speaking english and are able to translate when needed.

Offline Adrian

• www.northamericanminitransat.com
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 19:18:42 PM »
Hi Mute,

Many thanks for the post & link to Classe Mini for the race calendar.  I looked earlier but could not find the CM info.
Too bad about the Port Camargue club - really nice people, good entries in the Mini-Max, great Marina services.
We will have to look for other races this year
Thanks again,
Adrian

Offline intrepidproject

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:02:50 AM »
Hi Everybody:

If someone want to rent a boat for Med Mini Races I ofer my boat and my services like co-skipper, transports and consulting. If yoy want to race Minitransat, you can rent my boat and I prepare all for you. Transport to La Rochelle, Retourn the boat from Brasil, chek in the boat in Madeira.

I ofer all the services for do the Transat. The skipper how want race only need money (sponsor) and intention to sail fast and wet.

I am Nacho Orti and finish last Transat. I arrive 36th in prototipes because I have problems whit my pilots.

The boat is 353. Finot-Conq plan whit Canting keel and refit in 2007 whit new Heol Carbon mast.

If someone want references about me or my boat can ask Andy Abel. He Know me and my boat.

I am waiting someone interested......

Nacho Orti

nacho @ intrepidproject.com

P.D. If I don´t answer in this mail. (problems whit the web) send another mail to:

xnachetex @ hotmail.com

(spaces in my mails is for spam. suprime it)