Author Topic: Try the FoX 9.50 this week end...!  (Read 11661 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SloopJohnB

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 30
Re: Try the FoX 9.50 this week end...!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »
Where are Numbers 2 & 3 boats?

Offline Charles Bertrand

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 59
  • FoX Technology - Yacht Design & Engineering
    • www.fox-tech.co.uk
Re: Try the FoX 9.50 this week end...!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 09:40:05 AM »
John, that's the proto getting ready, so we'll have to wait a bit to see #2 and 3... :-)

Leo, the Grand Pavois starts on the 10th, therefore we have to be in La Rochelle for the 8th. Taking some margin for the weather, i was planning to leave end of August... How much do you reckon the trip would take?
There's always the delivery back if you're busy at the end of the summer...

Cheers,
Charles

Offline Charles Bertrand

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 59
  • FoX Technology - Yacht Design & Engineering
    • www.fox-tech.co.uk
Re: Try the FoX 9.50 this week end...!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 21:41:07 PM »
Latest picture received from the North...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:48:32 AM by Charles Bertrand »

Offline NicoG

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2005
    • minitransat650.com
Re: Try the FoX 9.50 this week end...!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 22:06:27 PM »
Will email you Charles

Offline SloopJohnB

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 30
Re: Try the FoX 9.50 this week end...!
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »
Hi Charles

Any more photos?

What was the test sail like, if it has happened?

Offline Charles Bertrand

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 59
  • FoX Technology - Yacht Design & Engineering
    • www.fox-tech.co.uk
Re: Try the FoX 9.50 this week end...!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
Hi John, thanks for keeping the interest up...! :)

Unfortunately the test sail won't happen before then end of August. Indeed, the owner took over the yacht about 10 days ago and sent it to Hamburg (Germany) on a truck to get her properly prepared and rigged up. However, as he is now away on holidays, she won't be rigged before mid-august...

The other disappointing news is that the yard will not survive the loss of one of its key member and is closing down. Even the 2nd boat that was planned to be built for the builder himself seems to be cancelled. We are currently looking at options to arrange for a new building solution. The moulds are up for sale.

Whatever happens, i am obviously determined to keep the project up and to find a replacement solution. For now, there's little we can do before the boat actually sails and is validated. Once this is done, i hope her aesthetics and performances will be convincing... :-)

Anybody interested in the boat or the project please contact me (PM or fox-tech.fr)
Cheers,
Charles