Author Topic: I want to see a mini  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Justuts

I want to see a mini
« on: August 28, 2008, 14:25:25 PM »
Sorry for being so blunt in the title but....

I'm a kiwi who is in Europe at the moment, Antibes for the rest of summer and then probably moving to the UK from Oct. Before moving to Europe I was doing quite a bit of short-handed sailing in NZ. Short handed is starting to really gather momentum back home, with talk of longer and longer races being scheduled over the next few years. I have been interested in the mini class for a couple of years now, but have not been able to find one in NZ (I think there is one there, and maybe some moulds laying around). I know that there are a few other people at home who are also really interested, but we are so far from the action that it really hasn't taken off there.

Anyway, the reason that I am posting here is that I would love to be able to have a look at a mini in the flesh (so to speak). Or, and I know this is pushing it, go for a ride on one. I guess the first thing would be for me to find out where the minis are in the UK, and go and have a look. So, if anyone knows of anybody that might be able to show me their pride and joy, it would be fantastic to be able to have a look. I will of course be buying the beers if anybody is keen.

While I'm at it I guess I may as well mention that if anybody is looking for crew, I'm eager, have an ISAF survival cert, and know what it takes to sail short-handed (sleeping, eating, hallucinating etc) although it has always been on slightly bigger boats.

Thanks in advance for any help or info,
Stu

Offline sui3555

Re: I want to see a mini
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 21:57:35 PM »
mail at sui355@hotmail.it
im www.andreapendibene.com

Offline KeithW

• My minitransat campaign
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 23:11:45 PM »
Hi Stu

There are certainly a few mini's in and around the solent area, mine is currently at Lymington, if you are in the area give me a yell.

Keith

www.minitransat.co.uk
keith@minitransat.co.uk

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 00:12:03 AM »
Stu, get a few days of, and visit a start.
THere is one in Spain starting 18 sept: http://www.nauticescala.com/index.asp?docID=2230&MenuID=2230&seccio=1
Easy to reach by train from Antibes.

Best way to learn minis is to see a start.

Offline glop

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 13:31:50 PM »
Hi Stu,
I live in Antibes and got a pogo2 in marseille and need crew to go to l'escala.
if youre interested: mail me pchampag@gmail.com or mob 0614086772
Pascal