Author Topic: MCUS website...  (Read 5329 times)

Offline phoenix

MCUS website...
« on: August 21, 2008, 20:59:05 PM »
Hey everyone,

I think I just about have the new website ready to cut-over. Sam and I are just trying to work out some forum details that will allow me to fully integrate the existing forum into the new site, complete with shared user log-ins.

Right now, the forum is accessible through the new site, but external linking to threads isn't working because of the aforementioned integration issue.

I'll be on vacation this weekend through Labor Day, but I wanted to ask everyone to give the new site a hard test during the coming week to see if there are any bugs and to maybe make suggestions on changes/improvements.

Through the CMS of the new site, registered members will be able to submit articles, updates, FAQ's to be approved by the admin and then published. Hopefully, this will allow us to have richer, more up-to-date content on the site.

To access the new site, just go to:
http://miniclassus.org/joomla

Thanks,

Andy

Offline Adrian

• www.northamericanminitransat.com
Re: MCUS website...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 22:30:41 PM »
Hi Andy

Tried to access site here & worked perfectly

Adrian

PS  Can you include a link to North American Mini Transat?

Offline sharkbait

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 00:08:20 AM »
Not working all that well for me (from this 'puter). Cannot click into any of the text input fields .. have to TAB into them. Tried to register but could not click the Submit button - had to TAB my way down there and click SPACE.

Also the work wrapping to incorrect on some of the pages. Text is appearing over the background.

I am on IE 6.0.29 here .. so that is probably why.

Offline phoenix

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 01:21:56 AM »
Sharkbait,

It probably is IE6 causing the problems. I didn't know anyone still used it!! :-) But seriously, I know that CSS based layouts have a really hard time in IE6 in general because the evil empire didn't make it completely standards compliant.

Can you see if you get those same issues on a newer version of IE?

Thanks,

Andy

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
    • minitransat650.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 10:20:35 AM »
Works for me, Firefox 3.0.1 (hint for sharkbait, ditch IE LOL )

Offline sharkbait

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 20:51:32 PM »
I thought it would be obvious ... IE 6.something == compute that belogs to a large corporation. It works fine at home under Safari and Firefox.

Offline DanO

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 19:15:51 PM »
Is a new registration required for the new site or did previous registrations and log in's remain?

Thanks,
DanO

Offline phoenix

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 17:27:27 PM »
DanO,

The "new" site I made is being migrated to an even newer version apparently. I'm not involved with the latest iteration, so I don't know the answer to your log-in question.

But stay tuned, I believe the new site is almost ready.

Andy

Offline tivamill

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »
Good website Andy, well done!

We must continue spreading the word about Mini. It’s an interesting craft compared to the common ones. I hope to see latest updates to keep it more alive. You see the last update was since last year. Lastly, I hope to see more pictures too. 

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:41:21 AM by tivamill »