Author Topic: Coastal Cup  (Read 2224 times)

Offline tcuevas

Coastal Cup
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:24:41 AM »
I just bought 670 and am planning on racing the Coastal Cup.  I was wondering if anybody else has any interest.  You can check the race out at this link: http://www.encinal.org/pageResource/coastalcup/2009/coastalCup.html.  This is a 360 nm race from the San Francisco bay south to Catalina Island.   

Thoughts?

Offline Adrian

• www.northamericanminitransat.com
Re: Coastal Cup
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 20:06:57 PM »
Hi tcuevas,

Conflict with the B 1-2 for me & MT for Craig.
#72 & John in SF,  & Mark in Seattle are not race ready.
Santi's boat may not have arrived in time.

That leaves David in SD, Sean in SF & your self who are race ready.
With 6 Zero owners on the W coast we ought to be able to organize ourselves to enter a race together next year.
Even number years will not conflict with the B 1-2, so we may get a couple of Eastern boats for a big race.

With Craig having just raced with Joel in the Mini Med this will be a good time for us to ask him how Indena is introducing the life-raft modifications.
I am not Mini legal yet.  Nathan will probably also be interested.

A

Offline tcuevas

Re: Coastal Cup
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 22:24:13 PM »
With six zeros out here we should try to all get together for a big race next year.  I am planning on sailing the Pac Cup doublehanded, that is likley too much for most I think.  Is their interest in another west coast race like last year? 

Has anyone in the US installed the new life raft modifications to the Zero?  The rules seam ambigious, it just has to be guided from all four side right?  has anybody seen any pictures of what the device or rig may look like?