Author Topic: No Transat in 2010  (Read 4873 times)

Offline geoffd

No Transat in 2010
« on: May 06, 2009, 13:52:16 PM »
Just received this from the Winches Club -

Chers Ministes,
C’est avec beaucoup de regrets que nous nous trouvons dans l’obligation de reporter notre projet de Transat 6.50 2010, en accord avec la Classe Mini.
Alors que de réelles avancées venaient enfin récompenser les multiples actions engagées depuis plusieurs mois pour ouvrir ce nouveau parcours transatlantique, Winches Courses se trouve confronté à un manque de financement important qui ne lui permet pas de poursuivre l’aventure 2010.
Cette situation, essentiellement liée aux contraintes économiques actuelles, ne nous permet pas de progresser comme nous l’aurions souhaité dans la préparation de l’entreprise que nous souhaitons organiser pour votre plus grand plaisir.
Nous sommes conscients des conséquences que cette annulation va entraîner chez ceux d’entre vous qui préparent cette course depuis plusieurs mois déjà. Cette décision n’est pas facile à prendre, mais par respect pour les coureurs et la Classe Mini, nous nous devons de faire ce choix difficile le plus tôt possible.
Merci à tous ceux qui, de part et d’autre de l’Atlantique et à Madère, nous ont soutenu depuis plus d’un an.
Nous souhaitons entretenir la dynamique engagée et repousser à des jours meilleurs, en 2012, ce projet interrompu aujourd’hui. Nous le souhaitons afin de voir de nouveau les Minis tisser le lien nautique, sportif et amical entre la pointe de la Bretagne et le Nouveau Monde.
Le président et les membres du conseil d’administration du Winches Courses.

Bad Google Translation

It is with great regret that we are under an obligation to see our draft Transat 6.50 in 2010, in agreement with the Mini Class.
While real progress had finally reward the many activities undertaken over several months to open the new transatlantic routes, Winches Racing is faced with a lack of funding which does not allow it to continue the adventure in 2010.
This situation, primarily due to current economic constraints, we can not progress as we would have liked in the preparation of the company that we want to organize for your pleasure.
We are aware of the consequences that this cancellation will result in those who prepare the course for several months already. This decision is not easy to take, but out of respect for the riders and Class Mini, we must make this difficult choice as soon as possible.
Thank you to all those on both sides of the Atlantic to Madeira and we have supported for over a year.
We want to maintain the momentum and push for better days in 2012, the project stopped today. We hope to see again the Minis weaving link nautical, sports and friendship between the tip of Brittany and the New World.
The chairman and members of the Board of Racing Winches.

Shame - reduces our options.

Offline Atlantic Project

• Atlantic Project
Re: No Transat in 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 14:36:12 PM »
 Yep, got it too...  bad bad news, had known would have come to this year's "Transit"; would be second in waiting list by now.  Fu$%

Offline USA-415

• Jay Sharkey Sailing
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 15:04:47 PM »
F**K is right!!!!!!

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 16:58:42 PM »
So will there be an Acores race run that year by Winches ?

ONe good point, they warn at least a year in advance... better then 3 months before the start...

Offline Atlantic Project

• Atlantic Project
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 18:52:29 PM »
So will there be an Acores race run that year by Winches ?

ONe good point, they warn at least a year in advance... better then 3 months before the start...

Or 6 months too late.... not big laugh here, economy is bad and getting worse.

Offline fly

• http://www.scottcavanough.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 19:12:41 PM »
That really sucks, better to know now rather then later.

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 20:27:31 PM »
Any news from the Classe mini ? ITs not on their website...
And the Winches site home page is not showing... to much traffic or updated ?

Offline fly

• http://www.scottcavanough.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 03:48:24 AM »
Can anyone tell me is this for real or a bad joke... otherwise I'll put my new boat on hold at the builders yard.

Offline Atlantic Project

• Atlantic Project
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »
Real m8... no kidding here.

Offline geoffd

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »
Fly,

Personally, I'd still go ahead if you're planning a Transat, you could well need two years training and prep to get the boat (and you!) sorted. Plenty of good races in 2010 to get your teeth into - Grand Pavois will probably run the Azores race next year and a lot of experienced skippers said that was harder than a transat.

Cheers

GD

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 21:56:19 PM »
Still did not have it confirmed.....

Offline NathanBaron

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 18:25:54 PM »
I've been waiting for some kind of confirmation on this as well. The only other news story I've seen on this is the daily sail and who knows where they got their confirmation. Probably this forum ;)

Please post any links you can find on this.

I'll add my voice to the crowd....

FUCK!!!!

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 19:06:03 PM »
On Pyls blog (mini sailor, CM member board, now racing MIni PAvois) the same email is mentioned once...
http://blogs.lexpress.fr/aularge/2009/05/en-route-vers-gijon.php

I know the girls of the office are in Spain for that race, and busy... ITs a bit of a mistake from the Winches club to send it out with out official Classe MIni comment included in the email... Still no mention of it on the Winches site...

Seasailsurf.com normally good informed.. no news...
Adonnante.com nothing...

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 19:19:55 PM by Leov »

Offline Atlantic Project

• Atlantic Project
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 23:39:26 PM »
I had word from it through annabelle at Mini Empuries 2 weeks ago... now this.

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »
Thats a confirmation good enough. A pity for all that guys counting on 2010... But it was almost to good to be true, every year a MT.... probably means big fleets again.