Author Topic: New board meeting statute online  (Read 4731 times)

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
New board meeting statute online
« on: November 25, 2006, 21:11:28 PM »
Ok, questions answered,

this is the first one translated into english .. take note :) thanks JM.

http://www.wmaker.net/classemini_en/index.php?action=article&numero=340

Some nice points,

Sails, lion batteries, waitinglist etc

A must read for every sailor that wants to race next year...

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
Re: New board meeting statute online
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 14:18:34 PM »

Offline Ubik no more 245

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 19:52:04 PM »

Lithium ion Battery
Lucas Montagne presents the product he sells as well as the specificities of these batteries.
Besides the gain of weight, Lucas insists on the advantages of these batteries. Indeed, when the lead- acid batteries, the Lithium ion batteries can go down till 0% and still perfectly works at 5% of charge. The output of these batteries is better.

The risk of explosion comes from the overcharging or discharging. These are limited to 32 amp/hour thnaks to an electronic plate. SAFETY DEPENDS ENTIRELY ON THIS PLATE. So there is a big risk of combustion in case of DIY.

These batteries are entirely recyclable.
The board accepts that these Li-on batteries are used on Minis (production and protos).
This decision is adopted after two votes.

Vote 1 : possibility of different vote for Production boat and prototypes.: Against : 5, or : 2, Abstention : 1
Vote 2 : For or against the Li-on batteries on Minis : For : 4 voix, Against : 3, Abstention : 1

Examination of the « Jauge inquiry »
The Board proposes to ask the members at the General Assembly wether they wish the measurement committe to work on the extension of the frame (except the hull and the deck) for the appendages and rigging + a change of the article J-2-D.

Hi everybody,

I am a bit confused. Classemini allowes Li-on batteries and forbids generators. These batteries are just fucking expensive and a fuel cell costs three times more than a generator. Rely only on solar is not good I think.

But I am completely shocked about changing the box for prototypes. Changing article J-2-D would mean that prototypes can get a higher rig. Does anyone know how big the changes will be?

Bye
Dominik

------------------------------------------------------
Kampagne Minitransat 2007
www.ubik-offshore-racing.de
website now also in english

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 20:31:51 PM »
Yep, i do not know enough about environment but i thought that Lion batteries are more polluting then lead acid (though they are bad too) but i can be wrong...
but if mr Lucas Montagne sells them to us for 200 Euro, i am happy, but ti will be how much ?

not allowing generators but allowing fuel cells, that is a bit to early i reckon.

My ideal, lion for protos, forbidden for series, but i am dutch, always compromise..

the change in box:
got no clue what that is about.
Series are not faster then protos so that is no reason,
But its a lets ask the Ag if we need a commision to look into it. So its still far off, or a no go.