Author Topic: lifting a pogo1 with a crane  (Read 1772 times)

Offline feder568

lifting a pogo1 with a crane
« on: August 11, 2009, 23:20:55 PM »

Hello everyone,
(Sorry if if I dont speak French well enough to write in,)

I need to lift my pogo1 with the crane of my club, this crane is quite small, so I've not chances to use the standard system with the brackets, I need to create a system with a single suspension spring that goes from the bulb of the boat through the deck (like the same system on J24 or Platu25).

I would like to know if someone experienced this system with a pogo or a minitransat in general, and if He can pass me some tips, please.

My idea is to unscrew 4 of the bolt's nuts that joint the bulb with the hull, put a steel plate with an eye-bolt in the meddle, screwn in back the nuts, and pass a kevlar spring through the deck and to the crane hook.
My main concern is about how safe and stable will be to make this system on this kind of boat, if the structure of the hull can be damaged and also I've not idea on how to find the right center of gravity where to put the attaching point.

Any help will be very appreciated.
thank you
Federico

Offline ladombe_lucien

Re: lifting a pogo1 with a crane
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 12:29:45 PM »
Hi,
no help but a question: how are you going to "pass a kevlar spring through the deck"?
JM
46°46'N 56°10'W
Michel d'Rethel

Offline feder568

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 13:48:25 PM »
At the first stage I was considering of making a "hole " through the deck,  something scary isn't?  :-O

Now I' m thinking of using a completely different system,
instead of using a single spring from the bulb as I described before , I' ve read that is possible to lift the boat using the " Cadenes of hauban et celles du pateras",
probably using 4 spectra springs from this points. It will be much better, no holes on the deck, no touching the bolt of the bulb.
But it will be safe? the cadenes can sustain all the weight of the boat?
Anyone knows about this system? any suggestions?
thanks 

Fede

Offline ladombe_lucien

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 17:21:39 PM »
When are You going to try this? I would like to know if it works because I have the same problem with my P1...
46°46'N 56°10'W
Michel d'Rethel

Offline feder568

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 21:26:42 PM »
probably next week.. but.. would you like to try first? ;)

a part the joke I try to contact the Structures shipyard but they are in holiday, let's try to collect more infos about it, do you know any one in France that had similar issue?
There is a guy called Patrick that has posted in the pogo class association forum the same topic and He suggested a similar system, but I didn't contact him,
the link for that post is : http://www.asso-pogo.com/thread.php?lng=fr&pg=2437&fid=2&cat=1 , it's in French , if you find more infos or contacts, please let me know..

my best
Federico

Offline ladombe_lucien

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »
"- Sinon, j'ai déjà suspendu le pogo 1 par les cadènes de haubans et celles du pataras, ça marche très bien. C'est d'ailleurs comme ça que le bateau était suspendu au chantier."
"- C'est ça. l'essentiel du poids repose sur les cadènes de hauban, celles de bastaques ne servent qu'à équilibrer."

Patrick has lifted his Pogo 1 using the shroud and runner chain plates. He says the most part of the weight is supported by the shroud chain plates. The other ones on the transom are just for the balance. He says that Structures does the same in his shipyard.
I thing it SHOULD work ...
46°46'N 56°10'W
Michel d'Rethel