Author Topic: Last call  (Read 1541 times)

Offline sr

• Koh Samia's blog
Last call
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:25:23 AM »
Hola all,

Last night I attended the PSSA (http://www.pssala.com/) meeting in Santa Monica, CA. And I can tell you that (apart that the food in Venice Beach is still really good) their racing series goes on. That is with minis or without them. So, this is my last call to any mini willing to race (single or doublehanded) in SoCal this winter.

Next race is 'Bishop Rock' on Feb 26th, a 165nm out of Marina del Rey, CA, rounding Bishop Rock (about 95nm SSW) and finishing in Catalina Island. With normal wind conditions it should be a nice race for Minis, but, of course, no implicit warranties are given ;-).

A month after that is the 'Got Huevos' race. And, given last Azores race and the start from Madeira on the Transat, does not seem that crazy on a Mini anymore. That one is, of course, Guadalupe Island race, a 588nm race going half way down the Baja California Mexican peninsula rounding Guadalupe Island and back home. Huge-and-cheap live lobsters may be available at the lowest tip of Guadalupe Island specially brought to you by some authentic mexican pangas. Those are not sponsored by the organization but (and I asked yesterday) nobody will protest you for accepting external fresh-lobster-help.

I'm doing my best to be ready to race Bishop Rock in a couple of weeks. If that happen I may go for the lobster omelette late March.

Last call.

Santi

Offline Atlantic Project

• Atlantic Project
Re: Last call
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 00:05:19 AM »
Sigue dándole... antes o después se apuntarán.

Suerte!

SAlu2

Offline sr

• Koh Samia's blog
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 07:01:57 AM »
Gracias!

Intentarlo lo intento, pero de momento sin demasiado éxito... ;-)

El problema es que san francisco (donde están los otros minis de california) está a más de 600km de los angeles, y texas a más de 2000km, así que entiendo que es una paliza de viaje... pero yo sigo intentándolo. Quizá cuando estén los P2 por aquí... :-)

Offline Atlantic Project

• Atlantic Project
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:44:55 AM »
En 2 años todo será más fácil... con los minis todo es una carrera de fondo. En España nos pasó lo mismo cuando empezamos con la Taylor en Mallorca... y 4 años después tenemos regatas en las q se reune casi toda la flota. Tb es cierto q estamos bastante agrupados pero es q aquí el problema era q estaban a 150 millas como mucho... y claro eso es muuuucha distancia. LOL

Suerte y constancia.

SAlu2

Pedro