Author Topic: 2010 Singlehanded TransPac  (Read 2755 times)

Offline sr

• Koh Samia's blog
2010 Singlehanded TransPac
« on: April 17, 2010, 19:09:47 PM »
[As I don't know if everybody here reads the NA-forum, I'm re-posting...]

Many of you may know already, but last Monday I attended the SSS Medical Seminar (a really good one, actually) and, at the end, we signed up for 2010 Singlehanded Transpac.

Still lots of work to do, but if everything goes well, I expect 'Koh Samia' (2win650 #714) and myself to be sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge towards Hanalei Bay, Kauai, on June 19th...

Race web site: http://sfbaysss.org/TransPac/transpac2010/transpac_2010_index.html

Looks like fun, eh? ;-)

Santi

Offline André

Re: 2010 Singlehanded TransPac
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 18:33:12 PM »
Hi Santia,

A real challenging race you've signed up to! At the end a nice Hawaï welcome and a cold beer!! During the trip a great boat!
I must say, you got something to look forward too.
Keep us posted about all teh preparing you do!

André (NED 713)

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 18:57:02 PM »
Santi, nice race :)

Offline EmmaC

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 18:25:59 PM »
Looks like we should have a bit of a Mini event in Hawaii at the end of July....   Just got back from racing big slow boats in the Caribbean and am REALLY looking forward to blasting around in some warm water in the mini- there might be as many as 4 or 5 of us there between the SHTP and PacCup....

Offline sr

• Koh Samia's blog
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 19:43:45 PM »
Hi André, the truth is that I'm more looking forward for a real hawaiian tree-ripe pineapple and tropical fruit, but a cold beer or some good rum will be a fantastic deal once there!

It's been very busy. I needed to install all the gear and test the boat... little (and not as little) things need to be fixed or replaced for having her in long-distance race mode. Now the real turning point is getting closer, as May 22nd is the last day to present the log of the 400nm miles qualifier... so only next weekend left.

So far it's been great, I've been working very hard and being very focused to get things ready. Lots of things have happened and I've had tons of fun on the way!

I believe she's almost ready, and I'm so willing to head out. I just hope the weather helps a bit  ;-)

Emma, should I keep mine in Hawaii until you get there? I think you depart 3 weeks later... and hopefully you don't beat me at the islands ;-) .  I was planning to ship it back and fly myself back, as I have to go back to real-world-work. And I agree, being able to eat so many miles in so short time with so little effort is fantastic!

Santi

(thanks Leov)

Offline solosailormike

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 05:39:45 AM »
[As I don't know if everybody here reads the NA-forum, I'm re-posting...]

Many of you may know already, but last Monday I attended the SSS Medical Seminar (a really good one, actually) and, at the end, we signed up for 2010 Singlehanded Transpac.

Still lots of work to do, but if everything goes well, I expect 'Koh Samia' (2win650 #714) and myself to be sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge towards Hanalei Bay, Kauai, on June 19th...

Race web site: http://sfbaysss.org/TransPac/transpac2010/transpac_2010_index.html

Looks like fun, eh? ;-)

Santi

Looking at the Division  C you are in,   you will win hands down, you got a good PCR of 116,   go get em!!!!! what channel will you SSB I'll keep in touch
Mike

Offline André

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »

Offline sr

• Koh Samia's blog
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 08:02:34 AM »
Hi Mike,

My first goal is to make it to the start line. As they say, the rest is just to sail fast to Hawaii... ;-) And I'll have a SSB receiver only... and it'll probably be switch off most of the time (I'm not a big fan of radios)

Hi André,

I'll take some pictures and send them to you. There is no much difference of the original set up done in Lelystad. I just added a VHF and the AIS (still not installed) required for the SHTP.

Also, I just posted my 'week-after' view of the qualifier on my blog. Next weekend is round two. But this time I'll be carrying a spare autopilot drive.

Hope things go well!

Offline André

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 19:43:40 PM »
I hope things go well for you in 2nd qualifier!

Thanks in advance for the pics!

André