Author Topic: Mini650 for rent in June in England  (Read 2610 times)

Offline petermadej

Mini650 for rent in June in England
« on: March 16, 2007, 02:33:25 AM »
Hi,

my name is Peter. I run ocean racing maxi ketch Steinlager2 (KZ 2), which stays in Caribbean at this moment. We are going to to come back to Europe in May, and it seems that we might have some free time in June. One of my crew is crazy on Mini650, and an idea came up - if we have time, why not do Mini Fastnet?

We are not a mini maniacs, I don't want to buy the boat, or make 2 years mini campaign. We normally do racing on big boats, fully crewed, etc. But we've sailed i.e. good Open40 (ex-Spirit of Canada), so we know what's up on small short-handed boat, and I believe that after quick preparation we can handle a mini in offshore race and drive it well (see how it works, taste the spirit, push hard and have a good time racing against best mini masters).

If anyone is interested to charter us his mini650 (prepared for Fastnet) for the period of June 2007, please contact me on: peter@madejbrothers.com

Best regards,
Peter

Offline Tingle

• My Site
Re: Mini650 for rent in June in England
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »
Hi Peter,

Good idea but I am sorry to say that the French Fastnet race was full on day 1 and unless you already have an entry you won't get one.  The UK Fastnet however still has places open.