Author Topic: TamTam  (Read 15057 times)

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
Re: TamTam
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2007, 21:30:55 PM »
NO idea, never did see one, they are not active in marketing, french market overfull. So it will be a hard slog to make it to ten again. Unless they step up marketing and get a good sailor involved.

Offline sailor66

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 20:45:27 PM »
Anyone have any new news on the TamTam?

Thanks

Offline Piotr

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 22:58:29 PM »
I signed a contract and paid the first installment on a TamTam to be build for me by the mid March 2007. Unfortunately, it never happened. Marc notified me that that he is closing the operations (at least for now) and he returned the money.

Piotr

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 23:58:49 PM »
Thanks for the news, so TamTam is out now.
Us mini 650 was active for a while and now quiet again...
Its a tough business as i personally know :)

Offline Jake

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 16:45:04 PM »
Okay, so that answers my questions about the TamTam. So what else is available in the US market, or is my mini search going to force a trip to Europe? Tam Tam is out, M65 can't get a boat finished. North American Mini Transat will import Zero or SC2. Does one have to build their own damn boat to get a Mini in the states or what? I'm a boat builder by trade, but i would prefer a factory boat over making one myself. I want to sail the thing, not spend 2 years tooling away in a warehouse. My company just lost it's ass on a motorboat new build. I don't need that kind of financial obligation to go sailing.

Offline Adrian

• www.northamericanminitransat.com
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 23:13:24 PM »
Hi Jake,

You say NAMT "will import Zero or SC2".  Thanks for mentioning us.  However to be perfectly clear "we are" importing the Zero & SC2.   There has been so much public uncertainty around the TamTam and so many promises re the USMini's launch date I want to be as clear as possible that NAMT is active, selling & delivering boats.  We are very real & very much alive & looking for business.

Our next Zero sale will be #35 & can be delivered in September '07.  US sailors have purchased 7 Zeros - Andy Abel even bought two!

In a week or two I will see & sail on the new demo SC2 in the Med with the builder, Tadeusz Anders and the designer Jean-Pierre Magnan.  We hope to have the first two SC2's here in the fall.

So US Mini buyers we are waiting to hear from you - please visit www.northamericanminitransat.com

Adrian Blunt
Victoria, BC