Author Topic: list of races  (Read 3606 times)

Offline snowhawk

list of races
« on: March 22, 2011, 21:38:43 PM »
I just joined this forum because I'm thinking of getting a Mini and was wondering if someone could help me compile a list of races that have a mini component on the East Coast of the US, Bermuda 1-2, etc.  I'm located on the south end of Long Island Sound.     
Thanks,
J

Offline thedinghydock

Re: list of races
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 21:32:59 PM »
Snowhawk,

There are a bunch of races that allow mini's to enter.  The closest to you is the Greenport Ocean Race.  Out of Newport you have the Bermuda 1-2, Solo Twin and the Ida Lewis distance Race.  The Annapolis Race has let Mini's race as well.  There are more races the further south you go.  Basically, almost every major US race will allow mini's as long as we can get enough boats for a class. 

Feel free to contact me directly for more information.  I am located at the east end of Long Island.

Chris

Offline 184

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »
I'm on the west coast. Do the races on the east coast that allow minis to race as a class let them race without PHRF ratings? I think this is how the Bermuda 1-2 is right? So you only racing against other minis not the rest of the fleet? 
Then if that's how it is how do you handle the series and protos? You don't get enough for two classes do you?
184 Sail a Vie. Ericson 35 MK II
577 Wafi Rolland 6.50

"life is a reach"

Offline thedinghydock

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 17:44:07 PM »
The Bermuda 1-2 lets them race as a separate class.  They mix the Protos with the Series boats and score them as if they were the same boat.  If we got more participation we could separate the class and score the Proto and Series class individually.

Offline phil 175

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 12:59:16 PM »
Hello Snowhawk,
Do you know the Class MiniNorth America (non-profit association) forum:
www.miniclassus.org/simplemachinesforum/
lot of information on races and more
Phil
Pogo175