Author Topic: Mooring a mini  (Read 436 times)

Offline Ed Sned

Mooring a mini
« on: February 07, 2017, 18:47:54 PM »
Does anyone do this ie on a swinging mooring? how do you do it without bow rollers, fairleads, cleats etc and with the bowsprit?

I'm looking at constructing a strop that runs through a very tough piece of hosing lying beside the forestay, on the opposite side to the bowsprit. I'll then lash the tubing to the bowsprit so the load is always forward. I'm then planning to run the strop or a mooring line back to either the mast, or to a bridle back to the two winches. Any better ideas? I'm also planning to have a slack back up of either rope or chain in case the main strop fails.

This is for Poole harbour - where I'll be is pretty sheltered other than from easterly winds, and even then it should only be very short chop (it's pretty shallow), so loads shouldn't be enormous.

Thanks

Ed

Offline page

Re: Mooring a mini
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:32:54 AM »
Hi,

I have a Pogo2 on a swing mooring.  The mooring line terminates with a bridle, running to cleats on both side.  There may be a little chafe so I am intending to install some plastic hose onto the line where it passes over the side.  The anchorage is sheltered and always flat water.

Perhaps you are able to install a pair of small cleats?

Regards,
Ben.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:56:02 PM by page »