Author Topic: First Aid Kit.  (Read 345 times)

Offline noel

First Aid Kit.
« on: March 02, 2017, 21:45:31 PM »
I have just been through my first aid box and nearly everything has now expired or will expire this year.  I need to have the 'B' Kit for the races I've entered so far. Does anyone have any tips for getting the prescription only medicines in the UK?  Do I have to see my NHS doctor or can I buy this online?

Noel

Offline DannyMini3

Re: First Aid Kit.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 13:22:05 PM »
I think you can buy onlline check on ebay or gumtree. If you won't find anything call you GP for answer. I don't think you have medicines in you first aid kit that need prescrition. That's basic first aid kit. You should take care of this because its really important. You can save somebodies life one day.

Offline noel

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 13:43:35 PM »
The list is here:

http://www.classemini.com/modules/kameleon/upload/2015_-_OFFICIAL_TEXTS_-_APPENDIX_E.pdf

You can't even buy Betadine solution in the UK without a prescription never mind things as 'dangerous' as Antibiotics! I tried already. Most online pharmacies here want a payment per item which would mean paying hundreds of pounds extra for the kit.

Offline Thomas

• Administrator
  • Sail your dream
    • About Me
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:31:12 AM »
Seeing a GP might be a necessity to come by some of what's on that list in any case.
Rebuilding The Unofficial Minitransat Website.