Author Topic: Resources List  (Read 825 times)

Offline revision

• Global Moderator
Resources List
« on: August 24, 2018, 01:49:40 AM »
I'm going to post things that I am finding useful here for others.

This is a history of minis as well as info on each by hull number.  I know this is linked in the sticky as well, but I never actually found it until now via here, I had found it via google.

Here is an English speaking facebook group called North America Mini Class that has a relatively responsive group of owners.

This is an info page with lots of good links and info (especially regarding the Pogo 2 class boats) by Josh at Abilyn Racing.  He has moved on from the mini class, but the info is still relevant.

This is the Sailing Anarchy North American Mini Transat thread.

This is a post I am working on here with information on the races available in the U.S. for minis.

This is a link to the classifieds section of the ClasseMini website, which appears to be the best place to find a race ready mini. (I have linked this through Google Translate as most ads are posted in French.)

This is the class information of each boat.  Some of the boats have information about design and past race history.  If it is not listed here, then it is not an official mini.

Here is a place where you can buy a pre-cut plywood mini kit of Dudley Dix design in 4 different configurations.  Plans are available separately and cheaper here.

From the old site, this is design information on series boats and this is info on proto design rules.

Here is a cool site with sailing speed records.

This PDF link is for US Sailing's safety equipment guidelines.

This link takes you to World Sailing's Offshore page, which includes the safety checklists for each category of race if you click on "Offshore Special Regulations."

This is a youtube video that shows the inside of a Pogo 2 series boat prepped for the transat race, to give you an idea of size and space when in racing trim.

A list of old and new series boats, courtesy of Thomas, and translated via google.  As he updates the post, this should also stay current.

I will edit this as I find more resources.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 22:51:21 PM by revision »

Offline Thomas

• Administrator
  • Sail your dream
      • About Me
Re: Resources List
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 01:26:22 AM »
Made this post sticky.
Rebuilding The Unofficial Minitransat Website.

Offline revision

• Global Moderator
Re: Resources List
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 03:03:28 AM »
Very cool, thanks!