Author Topic: Lashed rigging tuning  (Read 2078 times)

Offline benjamin

Lashed rigging tuning
« on: May 24, 2007, 01:18:21 AM »
How are lashed rigs (no turnbuckles) tuned?  My experience is you can't pull much tension with a lashing due to friction. 

Thanks.

Offline Tingle

• My Site
Re: Lashed rigging tuning
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:07:27 AM »
I have seen two methods, both involving brute force!

1) Tie  halyard to your chainplates, winch it on hard, take up the slack in the stays

2) Tie a loop in the end of the lashing which is easy to untie after it has been pulled tight, thread a rope through the loop and back to a winch - pull hard then with enough turns on the lashing it will lock itself off leaving you to just put the hitches in for security.

You will find new dyneema on new dyneema is about the lowest coefficient of friction you can get with ropes from my experience.

Offline USA176

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 15:27:15 PM »
I've been through this a few times with my boat. I have 176 and she has three sets of diagonals that are lashed to spreader tips. The best technique I've found is to go up the rig and have someone slack off the shroud at the deck and then tension everything up top. At that stage you can put tension back in the V1 and see how close to good you got. Usually I have to go through this process a few times to get it tuned properly. If your V1 is also adjusted with a lashing then you would have to put a halyard over or winch the shroud down for sure to get proper tension.

Offline sui3555

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 18:13:58 PM »
please USA176,
im falling in love for your boat (Romanelli), its my proto dream, unfortunately i never know andrea (lost at see during atlanticrecord with soldini in 97..)
shipyard built only 5 boat and your it is only carbon.
please send me any photoes?
i will race Minitransat2007 and my boat is on sales in brazil
www.andreapendibene.com
andreapendibene@aruba.it

thanks

AndyP

Offline USA176

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 01:51:51 AM »
Andy,

Just go to www.realitysailing.com/album for a small gallery I have put together. Some sailing photos and some of the refit from this past winter. There are a few photos throughout the website itself as well.
I'm planning on coming over to France to do MT09 but really don't know if my boat will still be competitive. Good luck in this years season.

-Jesse