Author Topic: new Member looking for Mini  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Jake

new Member looking for Mini
« on: July 05, 2007, 16:32:52 PM »
Hello,
I just joined this forum to find more info on purchasing a Mini in the US. My wife and I currently have a Beneteau F235 we are using as a short handed training boat. We are looking for a new or used Mini in the US to step up our game and get into some serious racing. We have sailed with Andy Able from Pheonix racing while he was last in the states, and have been following his and Ryan Finn's racing experiences. It's time for us to start pushing the envelope with our own sailing. I have been in contact with Jeffrey Dingle about the M65. I would like to see one completed prior to purchasing. I also have a strong interest in the TamTam, but have been unable to get a response to my numerous inquiries about purchase. Also looking for more info on the SC2. Anyone have any advice on a new purchase or the availability of a used Mini in the states? I am not so concerned with Proto or Series as I am with getting a boat to sail. I am planning an spending up to $45k sans sails on a boat, hopefully in the next 6 months. Our plan is to locate and purchase a boat, then see if we can get a size variance for the Lauderdale to Key West race in 2008. If everything works as planned we'll be racing the Newport Bermuda 1-2 later in 2008. Any advice is welcome.

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
      • minitransat650.com
Re: new Member looking for Mini
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 17:19:12 PM »
TamTam is dust, doors are closed, a no go.
THe M65 from Dingle drags on for yrs now, sometimes he has something to tell, then it gets quiet again. Not a good sign. IN this pace the boat will hit the water and is a generation older in design...

I know Jans (Super)Zero is for sale, try him.

And have fun.

Offline USA-415

• Jay Sharkey Sailing
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 20:57:50 PM »
Josephine, Proto #179 is also available.  I just did the Bermuda 1-2 on her - she's a great boat - and is ready to go....

Offline mechanicalg

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 02:32:26 AM »
Why not go with a new Zero?
I am in California and I am thinking of getting one.