Author Topic: New NA Mini Builder  (Read 26313 times)

Offline Adrian

• www.northamericanminitransat.com
Re: New NA Mini Builder
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 18:14:04 PM »
This works for me:
http://www.miniclassus.org/

Welcome to the world of Mini promotion in North America.

Offline Adrian

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 19:29:21 PM »
The NA market now has an active agent & builders for 8 Series Mini Designs.

Imports include:
Zero from Spain,
TipTop   France
SC2   Poland
2win650   Germany
RG650   Argentina

US Built
eKo  Third Coast Composites
m65   The Mini Store
Pogo 2  Open Sailing

All that is needed are Ministas with $s.

Offline NicoG

• Administrator
    • minitransat650.com
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2010, 09:31:37 AM »
Thats more then in Europe :)

Offline ctut

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2010, 19:51:33 PM »
Add the Nacira 6.50 to this list.

Offline phoenix

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2010, 20:58:58 PM »
which list,

Imports or US built?

Offline ctut

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2010, 22:57:42 PM »
pending import. will depend on landed cost

Offline OSC007

• U.S. Builder
    • Open Sailing
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 15:37:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

Some fresh news about the Pogo 2 to be built in the USA:

- Shipping of the tooling has been arranged. It wasn't easy. The tooling is obviously oversized which makes it 1) expensive and 2) more complicated than shipping a boat itself in a box...The tooling is schedule to leave Europe on April 16th and should be delivered on May 31st in LA. If all goes well at the border, it will not take more than a week to clear U.S. Customs and the first Pogo 2 will be in production in June, for delivery in July.

- All (or we hope most of) production details have been thought out and we don't anticipate any bad news as we build the first boats.

- The Pogo 2 will still be available to the French market and Pogo Structures will remain the service provider to all Pogo 2 owners. Boats will be shipped to Europe with keel (not attached to the boat) and deck hardware. Stainless Steel hardware, standing, running rigging and spars will be supplied by Pogo Structures.

- We have received many inquiries which is great. It looks like the Mini Class is definitely up on the curve with more racers and sailors interested in the concept.

Our story will become more interesting as soon as we receive the tooling of course. As soon as production starts, we will have more information, photos and videos on our BLOG http://www.opensailingusa.com/About/Blog/. We will start racing as soon as our Pogo 2 is ready. The first boat built will be our demo/racing boat. The next two are boats for new owners. We hope that some of you will pull the trigger to join the Mini Class after seeing and probably trying the Pogo 2.

Cheers

jerome

Offline OSC007

• U.S. Builder
    • Open Sailing
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 22:40:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

No news good news as they say in France!!!

Finally, the tooling to build the P2 in the USA is ready to ship out. Another month and a half and the complete molds for the boat will be delivered at Columbia Yachts and we will start production of the first U.S. built Pogo 2. I don't know about you, but I am super excited. I was racing on my Open 5.70 in San Francisco last weekend and I spotted a couple of minis (from a distance, one seemed to be a proto, the one a production boat). We can't wait to join their fleet and have fun. We also found another proto, on a pretty cool aluminum trailer parked at Alameda Marine with a nice carbon rig. I remember the bow number to be 305 I think...

Back to the P2...some news on our BLOG with photos of the inside of the boat (some of you asked for them) and also a couple of photos from yesterday of the tooling, packed up, ready to ship!

Follow this link if you want to read and view the photos: http://www.opensailingusa.com/News/?p=1279

Still lots of sailors interested.

The next step is to support the class and although we know how the French work (I'm dual citizen French/U.S.), I would love to know if someone can direct me to the "sailors in charge" within the class so we can help the class grow through races, events, sponsoring, websites...

Thanks all and see you soon on the water!

Jerome

Offline Adrian

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »
Hi Jerome,
Thanks for your news on the P2 developments.
The person you need to contact re the North American Association is Sam Ausmuss.
A date for the 2010 AGM, to be held in Newport, has been set and a new Board will be elected or appointed.
We urgently need a new Board to move the Association forward & it looks as though there may be an opportunity for participation in the meeting through Skype.
You can find some comments and discussion on the Association forum indicating that others share your interest & willingness to strengthen the class in North America.
Adrian