Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
English / Re: Mini racing in the UK 2016
« Last post by Ed Sned on October 03, 2016, 10:44:43 AM »
Welcome along Rod. I'm in a very similar position re time. Have sent you a PM
« Last post by Rod on September 30, 2016, 22:26:56 PM »
Hi
I have a pogo 2, The Shed 743, previously of Pip Hare fame. Im on the learn curve, did RTI double this year, also Poole Yacht Race Association series, keen to do SORC but up to now a push to get time away from work! Would be great to arrange informal mini racing even if not within other race series. There must be many minis that are keen to race, especially those that dont have time, funds, etc to do mini circuit.
Rod
« Last post by si1979 on September 28, 2016, 13:34:35 PM »
Ed, yep that's my struggle at the moment.  If you can satisfy the requirements and are able to enter that's great as it will make my case easier.

« Last post by Ed Sned on September 28, 2016, 13:22:42 PM »
A quick read of the OSR and surely you only need to fulfill the STIX/AVS requirements of 3.04.2 if you can't meet 3.04 - which is a EC RCD cert showing cat B or higher.

My Ginto is a series boat from 2004, and so I have such a certificate. I'm guessing you may not have one of these due to the age of your boat? I think the RCD came into force in 1998, and yours was 1997, wasn't it?
« Last post by si1979 on September 28, 2016, 13:02:20 PM »
Hi Ed, im not planning to do RORC races, but JOG use the same rules so to be allowed to race in Cat 3 JOG which is what i would like to do, RORC have to give it their approval as the standard STIX and SSS values do not allow the boat to be raced.

If you are interested in Cat 4 races then you will be fine.

I suppose if the owners get together and find some common interests/races the handicap wont matter as much as there will be competition within the fleet. 
« Last post by Ed Sned on September 28, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »
Hi Simon,

There are a few minis around on the south coast (I know of 470 and 522 in Hamble with me, and 229 down in Plymouth), but I'm not sure if any are planning on doing RORC races. Having done many RORC races in the past on larger boats, I'm not sure how much fun it would be on a typical long RORC course when all the other larger boats have disappeared over the horizon?

I plan to do a mix of JOG races doubled-handed under IRC (haven't contacted them yet, but wasn't expecting to have to do an incline test for an non-endorsed IRC cert?), some of the RSYC double-handed series (no IRC cert required - they run a parallel club handicap system) and some of the SORC races. I've been in touch with the last one, and they're happy to let Minis take part, either with a IRC cert or with none but not collecting series points (ie just for see miles & experience)

Any use?

Ed

« Last post by si1979 on September 28, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »
I have recently purchased a Mini (178) I currently have it based in Brighton as BMYC yacht club run inshore/coastal/offshore races and are happy for me to enter.

I have approached RORC to have the boat accepted to enter Cat 3 races.  I have had an independent pull down test to satisfy James Dadd at the RORC rating office that the boat is stable enough to be entered.  My proposal is currently being discussed in RORC and i hope to hear back in the next few months.

My thoughts are is we can get the boats racing in more main stream races then the popularity might increase.  Although the handicap of the boats is prohibitive in IRC if a small number are in the same race then we would have a race within a race.

If any of the South Coast owners are planning to meet up and discuss please let me know.

Regards

Simon

Boats for sale / bateaux a vendre / Marking boats as sold
« Last post by Thomas on September 24, 2016, 23:22:25 PM »
Dear all,

If possible, when you have sold your boats, go back to our original sales posts and edit the first post to change the topic. Adding a "SOLD" in front, or making a final post at the bottom will allow possible future buyers to know they don't have to message you about them any longer.

Cheers,
Thomas
Boats for sale / bateaux a vendre / SOLD - Pogo 1 GBR 443 For Sale
« Last post by CaptShinySides on August 22, 2016, 18:48:37 PM »
Sadly my Pogo 1 Ocean Groove, GBR 443 is for sale.   I have owned her from new, raced once, good condition.
Hello all,
With great regret Ocean Groove is for sale.  I bought a motorbike and I cant have both (so I'm told). I have owned her from new and raced her once.

Details on Apollo Duck and the document here lists the inventory with pictures : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xO_fpM2wHST1dKbGVQU1Y0dW8/view?usp=sharing

Pete
Shouldn't be aproblem to find even a Pogo2 or even a Nacira in the price-range around 35..40T€. Not for change - but if you have sold your SO, even my Nacira may fit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]